Help give a student the education they deserve. We encourage our Holy Family community to donate with @EmpowerIllinois, a Scholarship Granting Organization that provides scholarships to low-income and working-class families in Illinois. Your donation can go directly to scholarships for Holy Family. With your help, these students can attend schools like Holy Family without worrying about the cost.
- The Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship Program allows for a 75% IL state income tax credit — or $.75 for every $1.00 contributed — for individuals and corporations who make contributions to an approved Scholarship Granting Organization, or SGO.
- An SGO is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose primary aim is to give scholarships to students. SGOs are responsible for receiving donations from individuals and corporations, processing scholarship applications from students/families, distributing scholarships to eligible students/families and determining whether students meet the income eligibility requirements to receive a scholarship. We will be working with Empower Illinois as our preferred SGO.
- Tax credit scholarships will be used to cover the tuition and eligible fees for qualifying K-12 students from families with limited financial resources.
- Before reserving their tax credit, donors must first establish an account on mytax.illinois.gov. This may take up to 10 days so donors are encouraged to register today.
- Beginning January 31, 2018 at 12:00 p.m., individual and corporate donors who have already registered will be able to reserve tax credits. When reserving, make sure you list Empower Illinois as the SGO. Visit www.empowerillinois.org for more information on the donation process.
- Individual donors may direct their donations to a particular school or subset of schools, but NOT to an individual student or group of students. Corporate donors may not designate funds.
- All donations can be anonymous if preferred.
- You may contact Empower Illinois directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with the donation process or call 309-644-4524 beginning January 2 at 8:00 a.m.
- We encourage you to visit www.EmpowerIllinois.org to learn more.