Athletics has been an important part of our tradition for over 55 years and our teams have excelled in all sports and showed a tradition of great sportsmanship. We are current members of the IESA and take part in all state-run tournaments. We hope that your son/daughter has a memorable and enjoyable athletic experience.
We currently compete in boys and girls soccer, boys and girls basketball, girls cheerleading, boys and girls track, girls volleyball and boys and girls declamations (speech), and Scholastic Bowl. Grades 5th through 8th are allowed to participate.
- The soccer season runs from early August 1 til mid - September and the cost is $45.00 which includes a t-shirt. Registration must be completed by July 31.
- The girls basketball season runs from Sept. 1 til mid - December and the cost is $35.00. Registration must be completed by Sept. 1.
- The boys basketball season runs from Oct. 15 til mid - February and the cost is $35.00. Registration must be completed by Sept. 1.
- Girls volleyball season runs from Dec. 1 til mid - February and the cost is $35.00. Registration must be completed by Nov. 15.
- Scholastic Bowl runs from October - March. Grades 6-8 are allowed to participate, and there is a $10.00 fee.
- The boys and girls track season runs from March 1 til mid - May and the cost is $35.00. Registration must be completed by Feb.15.
- Registration fees - it is very important to get your fees paid on time. This helps us with all the costs for the teams including referees, supplies, uniforms and maintenance. It also lets us know what our participation numbers are as we look to see how many teams we will have for that given season.
We are always in need of volunteers at our games. This includes coaches, ticket takers and concessions. We could not run these programs without the help for our volunteers.
The coaches do the best job they can scheduling the practices for each team, however we have to be flexible do to special events and weather changes. So some practice times may change, but the coaches will do the best they can at keeping them consistent and making sure all parents have a schedule. We also have an online schedule of the games and practices that you can access. Please check with your coach about the online scheduling.
The most important thing that we ask of all our players, coaches and fans is that we all show great sportsmanship at all events. We are here to teach our students the skills of each sport so that they may compete on this level but we are also teaching to show great sportsmanship in both winning and losing. We are here to give our kids an opportunity to be on a team and have fun during these elementary years.
You can contact the school about athletic teams and events by emailing email@example.com or by contacting Courtney Pestle, Rick Simkins, or Aaron Bresko.