If you plan on applying for the Invest in Kids Scholarship, we highly recommend you watch the tutorial video available on the Empower Illinois website:
Watch video here (This video is available in English or Spanish.)
Once you have completed the application and submitted all required documents you will then receive your place in line for the scholarship funds (assuming you qualify for an award). Scholarship funds will be awarded by Empower Illinois on a first-come, first-served basis. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ONCE THE APPLICATION OPENS AT NOON ON WEDNESDAY!
We highly recommend you scan all the required documents in NOW and have them ready to upload when you apply on Wednesday. Empower Illinois has stated that you may take pictures of the required documents and upload those pictures as long as the pictures are legible. Attached are application instructions from Empower Illinois.
We will have three employees and volunteers available on Wednesday, beginning at noon, to assist you in the application process.
The required documents are as follows:
Income verification* – provide ONE of the following:
- Federal tax return, pages 1 & 2, (2016 or 2017)
- W-2 (2016 or 2017)
- 1099/s (2016 or 2017)
- Year-end pay stub (2016 or 2017)
- Letter, on letterhead, from employer/s indicating cash wages paid (2016 or 2017)
*The application will ask if you receive WIC or SNAP benefits. If you do, and your federal tax return is not available to you, you may submit your statement of WIC or SNAP benefits.
Proof of Illinois residency – provide ONE of the following for the residential parent:
- llinois driver’s license
- Illinois identification card (issued by the Secretary of State)
- Utility bill in the custodian’s name
- Statement of benefits from WIC
- Statement of benefits from SNAP
- Residential lease in the parent/custodian’s name
Enrollment or acceptance letter:
- Please contact the school office (via email) for an enrollment letter.
Please visit the Empower Illinois website if you have questions. If you still have questions or concerns, feel free us.
Invest in Kids Application Instructions.pdf